Previous topicNext topic

Before I click buy ...

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Elektrik

Before I click buy ...

Post by Elektrik »

Hey all. Before I buy I need to ask to make sure, this software does what I would like it to.
I need to do the following.

Add a mp3 file. In my case doof doof trance music. And let the program generate random visuals that react to the musics beat, volume, intensity or whatever ...

SO the best example I can come up with is the various visuals in Windows Media Player or Winamp. For example the video below.
If I could somehow capture the visualizations from winamp or WMP would be my best case scenario.
But Magic Music Visuals is the best thing I have come across that may do that for me.
I have tried the demo, but it seems a bit complex to me ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0d6tSqyN1Y

So I'd like the program to generate a visualization video from a mp3 file, and all then I have to do is sync it up with the audio file in my DAW or video program.

Am I on the right track ??

Thanks ahead.
Sadler

Re: Before I click buy ...

Post by Sadler »

That and a lot more...

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/video
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/uservideos

You could even drive the visuals directly from you DAW with the right configuration.
Elektrik

Post by Elektrik »

Thanks for the reply Sadler.
Will definitely buy it.
I have had a look at all the user videos and most of them are above and beyond to what i need. Very complex.
I have been looking for a tutorial or something on a very simple spectrum of sorts... And im failing to find anything.
Any ides or pointers ?

Cheers.
artnik

Post by artnik »

If you are looking to create the same kind of WMV visualizations as your sample video, then simply adding a WAVEFORM and a TRAILS module will get you 90% of the way there. :-)
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 2.31.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 2.31.25 AM.png (324.78 KiB) Viewed 6365 times
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 2.34.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 2.34.12 AM.png (426.46 KiB) Viewed 6365 times
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

@OP there's the user's guide, then there are tons of tutorials in the tutorial section of this forum (including some guy who did his own youtube tutorial series) and then there's the example scenes, which you can also look at in the demo, afaik. 8-)
Elektrik

Post by Elektrik »

Artnik and blackdot. You guys are legends. Artnik that is exactly what I have been looking for... The waveform alone is what I am after without anything else added... But I will play around now that I know roughly what I'm looking at ...

Thanks again! Hopefully I you will see my user video soon once my tracks are mastered. Thank you again. :D
Elektrik

Post by Elektrik »

So I have created somewhat an example of what id like to achieve.
One question though, instead of creating another thread I will ask here.
I made a quick example video below. In the video I have an image.
Is there any way to make the image spin at a steady rate? So image is of a vinyl, i'd like it to spin at a steady rate, just like a vinyl would, instead of bobbing to a certain audio aspect... ???
Maybe I am asking for too much now lol.

Not: in the video i dont have the image moving or spinning at all.
Thanks ahead.

artnik

Post by artnik »

That's easy peasy.

All you need to do is add a ROTATE AXIS module to the element you want to rotate. Set it to the Z-Axis (the axis that is perpendicular to the screen) and add a RAMP modifier. Remember to set the SOURCE to "No Source" so the sound doesn't affect the rate, only the modifier.

The RAMP modifier cycles in value from 0 to 1, and then snaps back to 0 before counting up again. The number you enter for the value in the RAMP modifier sets the speed, essentially being 1 second divided by the value you enter. e.g. 1.0 = 1 second; 0.1 = 10 seconds; 10.0 = 1/10 of a second... etc. You get the idea.

Here's a pic:
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 1.16.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 1.16.37 AM.png (20.49 KiB) Viewed 6329 times
I strongly suggest you take a look at the demo files that come with MMV, as well as familiarize yourself with the User's Guide (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... Guide.html), especially the "Modules" section, as it gives a good over view of the basics. You'll be surprised how quickly you pick it up.

Cheers!
Elektrik

Post by Elektrik »

You sir are a legend Artnik!
Worked flawlessly ....
I bought the program yesterday and have spent the good portion of last 12 hours using it, visualising some of my mixes etc....
I'm just reading through the user guide now, slowly getting the concept !
Thanks again. Cannot believe I have been without this program all this time ... Bloody fantastic !
Happy! :D
artnik

Post by artnik »

No worries!

It's a pretty addictive application and I can totally grok your excitement. Good luck with the learning. If you run across any real issues, this place is pretty helpful. I'll certainly chime in if I know the answer.

The learning curve is a little steep, but it's not a tall hill. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers!
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

ha, I totally bought that Access vinyl when it was released in the 90s. It was crazy popular in Germany at the time. Now I feel old, :D
Elektrik

Post by Elektrik »

dj0le wrote:ick buy ...
by dj0le » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 am
ha, I totally bought that Access vinyl when it was released in the 90s. It was crazy popular in Germany at the time. Now I feel old,
Zemljak kako je, pozdrav iz Melbourna, Australia. :D

And yes, I'm glad I kept my DJ days vinyls from 90s. Have a lot of rare stuff. I have 3 different Access versions of vinyl. lol