Previous topicNext topic

Output Audio From Magic

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mulherje

Output Audio From Magic

Post by mulherje »

Hello,

I have been using magic for about 8 years and have never had to worry about outputting audio. However, the time has come. I read the user manual and it said I could add audio files but I can't seem to find that option anywhere. Is it possible to load an mp4 file and play both the video and the audio at the same time from magic? How would I make the audio output? I did check and it says I have the performer edition by the way.
Sadler

Re: Output Audio From Magic

Post by Sadler »

Start here: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... AudioFiles

Audio is output to the current default device (at least for Win, not sure about Mac)
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

mulherje wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:22 pm .. Is it possible to load an mp4 file and play both the video and the audio at the same time from magic?...
This is not possible, but is a long-standing feature request.
mulherje

Post by mulherje »

Sadler wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:42 pm Start here: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... AudioFiles

Audio is output to the current default device (at least for Win, not sure about Mac)
I looked there first. When I go to add a media node there is no option for audio.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

In 2015 Eric wrote:One of the fundamental choices I made with Magic is that modules can only output visuals, not audio. All audio input/playback has to come from the Audio/MIDI window, which is completely separate from the modules.
See this thread Is there any way to play sound from video?