Previous topicNext topic

Love the Input selector

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
D1gits

Love the Input selector

Post by D1gits »

Hi guyes!

I'll start this Idea like a question, rather than dropping it as a new feature request since I don't know if there is a way to achieve what I want.
Here I go:

I like the way the Input selector easily switches between different pre made setups.
But I want to be able to make more complex setups, almost like a whole new scene. And switch between the "scenes" with the input selector. Is there any tool to create a scene Inside a scene? I have tried the Blend, mix, and multi mix. But they do not do the job. Right now I have to make new scenes and use them as sources inside of the input selector.

I want to be able to do this since when Im in a live situation and want to change a text for example, in a different scene, the whole Syphon output switches to the the new scene that I just want to edit "in the background".

Maybe there is a way to edit the scene in the background instead?!

All the best!
Sadler

Re: Love the Input selector

Post by Sadler »

From the manual:
To edit a scene without displaying its output in the Magic Window, Ctrl-click (Windows) or Cmd-click (OS X) its tab. The scene being edited does not have to be the same as the scene being displayed; this allows edits to be made without disrupting a live performance.
Use the "Scene input" node to expose the internals of one scene to another, i.e. to push a different texture into a scene.

e.g.

Your Template Scene: Scene Input->100 nodes of whizz-bangery->Magic.

Your Controller Scene:
Texture A->Template Scene 01->Input Selector -> Magic
Texture B -> Template Scene 01 -> Input Selector -> Magic
Texture C -> Template Scene 02 -> Input Selector -> Magic
and (hopefully) you get the picture :P

Unless I've totally missed your point (not unknown) and you don't need to RTM but...
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... eneModules
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

I want to be able to do this since when Im in a live situation and want to change a text for example, in a different scene, the whole Syphon output switches to the the new scene that I just want to edit "in the background".
Thanks for the input Sadler. But the whole point is to do it in the background. What Im after is to have a scene. Talk to the audience and get a name from a audience member. Then write that name in the text input. And at a specific point in the number pop it up on the screen. Thats why the input selector would do the trick if I only could make a more complex composition and then switch between them...

Hope I'm more clear now : )

All the best!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Let's say that your next devotee is Eva Longoria. Type here name and then when ready to go change the message selector. Her name will be used in whichever Complex Scene is currently running through the Complex Scene Selector. There are other ways this could be achieved too.
controller.png
controller.png (121.65 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

NICE!

Love this setup. Exactly what I'm after (I think) : )

Thanks a lot MR... i will try it out this whole week in Barcelona!