Previous topicNext topic

General Help for a new guy!

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
HiddenRakoon

General Help for a new guy!

Post by HiddenRakoon »

Hi Guys,

First and foremost, thanks for having such a awesome product.

I just have a few questions for ya, I've already made my purchase of a performer style license, now i'm just ironing out the details for a show in October.

So just a few things....

Invert 2d Effect usage?...
When I add the invert module post a Jpeg or video file then to a magic visualizer it doesn't go back to a normal picture after I disengage the button, can you help me with this?

Master FX style bussing system?...
So I'd like to send say 20 scenes, ie anything thats playing in my playlist to a master bus to add my effects chain there, Is this possible?

Say 20 scenes of clips and the 21st scene all my FX, something similar? any thoughts?

Much love,

-C
Sadler

Re: General Help for a new guy!

Post by Sadler »

When I add the invert module post a Jpeg or video file then to a magic visualiser it doesn't go back to a normal picture after I disengage the button
Disengage which button - "Invert Alpha", "Bypass" or "Power"?
20 scenes...to a master bus to add my effects chain there
Instead of using the playlist you could set up a "Master Bus" scene which contains all your other scenes fed into an Input Selector node. After that node, you can add effects to all your scenes and switch between them automatically or manually. Alternatively, you could use the MultiMix if you wanted to fade between scenes.

Another way to do it would be to have a scene called "Global Effects" with a single input which could be used before the Magic node in all scenes.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Master FX style bussing system?...
So I'd like to send say 20 scenes, ie anything thats playing in my playlist to a master bus to add my effects chain there, Is this possible?
Another way to do it would be to have a scene called "Global Effects" with a single input which could be used before the Magic node in all scenes.
Yup that's exactly what the Post-Process scene command is for: Scene > Add/Update Post-Process Scene. It adds a new scene for your final effects, and then automatically adds a scene module to all your scenes right before the Magic module, so that all the effects are applied.

If you add more scenes to your project later, you can run the command again; it won't affect your existing scenes.

For more info, you might want to have a look at this section of the User's Guide: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... putModules
HiddenRakoon

Post by HiddenRakoon »

thanks guys, you've been a insane amount of help. I've been able to perfect the master bus fx system to my liking without any issue.

in regards to the invert, The only button that i can see that is mappable to a midi controller is the 'invert alpha' my goal was to assign that to a midi controller to allow my DJ's to invert a scene at any point, the goal was of course to add this to the master fx chain bus we created.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

OK. What you might like to try then is right click on the node and Show Param for Bypass. Then you can assign midi to turn the node on and off.
HiddenRakoon

Post by HiddenRakoon »

@sadler & @eric

you guys killed it, I have 100% success in both areas I needed to manipulate.

this us a impressive community and piece of software. I'll continue to work hard to share new things I find and create. Best of luck and cheers.

-Christoval