Previous topicNext topic

"collect assets" not collecting all assets

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
blackdot

"collect assets" not collecting all assets

Post by blackdot »

As far as I understood this (which may be wrong of course) the "collect assets" feature is supposed to copy all used assets into one folder and relink the modules within the magic file accordingly, and then even ask if it should save as this magic file in this folder as well.

however i noticed it's neither copying jpg-sequences, nor isf-files into that folder. it this by choice or by accident? it's working with glsl files and movie files.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: "collect assets" not collecting all assets

Post by Magic »

I designed it for media files only, so modules weren't included. My main concern was that modules can be more complicated, such as FFGL plugins that depend on many other files (like additional .dll's). It would have been impossible to track all those files down -- there's simply no way for Magic to know the dependencies.

ISF files are not quite as complicated as FFGL plugins, but they can still have external dependencies. I might be able to handle this in the future though. Still, it would be strange for ISFs to be supported, but not FFGLs. I'll have to think about it.

It should be working for .jpg sequences so I'll check it out.