Previous topicNext topic

stretching your one displayport output over multiple devices

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
blackdot

stretching your one displayport output over multiple devices

Post by blackdot »

I thought this might be interesting for some of you guys (some maybe already know about this?). A while ago we talked about those matrox devices that let you combine two or three monitors into one big one that you hook up to your computer only via one cable.
I now stumbeled upon "multi stream transport" which is apparently some tech included in displayPort that allows for the same thing. You can either buy a displayport-to-XY splitter that also supports MST and hook up your multi-monitor-setup there, or you can even daisy-chain MST-capable monitors together. which both sounds pretty neat.
With those MST capable splitters you can apparently use them just like a regular splitter, or combine the outputs into one big screen.

i've found this one or this one on amazon after only a quick search. here's more info on this MST thingy. there are also youtub vids that demonstratethis working.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: stretching your one displayport output over multiple dev

Post by Magic »

Thanks :), also I will be adding a new display-span feature for v2.0 that allows the fullscreen Magic window to occupy two or more displays (if they are the same resolution).
blackdot

Re: stretching your one displayport output over multiple dev

Post by blackdot »

i'm looking forward to that feature 8-) .