Previous topicNext topic

VideoFile load buffering

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
pinmode

VideoFile load buffering

Post by pinmode »

I'm seeing a short pause / freeze in when switching between VideoFile inputs using InputSelector. I have a ton of memory so it would be great if MMV could buffer part of every VideoFile input to prevent this.

Then again I might just be doing this wrong. Is there a way to prevent it or do in a way that would offer the same functionality?
pinmode

Re: VideoFile load buffering

Post by pinmode »

Update: Seems to only happen when Scene Start is checked. When it's checked, maybe it should buffer the beginning automatically?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

When Scene Start is checked, the video rewinds to the beginning every time you switch inputs with the InputSelector. Depending on the video format your file(s) are using, and the speed of your disk/CPU/GPU, rewinding can take a little bit of extra time (maybe 1 or 2 frames). This is especially true if you are not rewinding to the exact beginning of the file.

Can you give some specs about your system and also what kind of video files you are using?
pinmode

Post by pinmode »

Thanks for the reply! I might not have had "Keep Graphics In Memory" checked when I first asked this question because it's not happening now.