Previous topicNext topic

Jpeg folder

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
honigtiger

Jpeg folder

Post by honigtiger »

Hello there

I am pretty new to MMV and have searched the forum and manual but still have no clue, excuse me for that ;-)

Here's my challenge:

I have a folder of jpegs that I can add to a scene via the respective module. I have also found out how to change the time after that a new image appears (with the FPS setting). But I would like those images to smoothly fade from one to another. Is there a way to achieve this with the "jpeg folder" module or do I have to make a scene for each image and then steer the transition via the playlist?

Cheers, Martin

PS: Thank you for this incedible piece of software, I'm already addicted!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Jpeg folder

Post by Magic »

Hey Martin, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

To be honest it never occurred to me to add a fade option for the JpegFolder module. I intended the JpegFolder module to be used more as a video player and less as a slideshow. But in retrospect, your suggestion seems like an obvious good idea :). I will make sure to put it on my list.

For now, you might want to take a look at the MultiMix module, which fades automatically from one input to the next. All you have to do is hook up a few Image modules as inputs. Hopefully you don't have too many images :).
honigtiger

Re: Jpeg folder

Post by honigtiger »

Hi Eric

Thanks for the quick reply. OMG this is exactly what I was looking for... :o

I have to admit that I found out by chance that I have to use this "Increase" parameter (what are all these other thingies like Average, Clamp, Delay etc for, geez ;-) ) but it's working like a charm...

Will post soon what I'm working on btw!

Cheers,
Martin