Previous topicNext topic

what I found testing Windows 7 vs 10

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Fractal Grinder

what I found testing Windows 7 vs 10

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Hey awhile ago, I tried to test my system Dual Booting Windows 10 vs. Windows 7, and throughout my testing I noticed very little difference on my system, and actually the only thing that I thought was Resolume spouted more stable in Windows 10, less choppy at times, frame rate was more stable, other than that I didn't notice a difference.

the main reason I'm posting this though is because I found something that gave my Windows 10 a pretty nice boost in Memory and other usage for free. I had a friend tell me that this "Destroy Windows Spying tool" is pretty nice if you don't use all the features that Windows 10 has, so I tried it out, and my Memory(RAM) usage used to sit in the mid 20%s, idle, but after installing the 'Destroy Spying' I'm down to like 18%, which is lower than I ever got it on my Windows 7 install, and I optimized the crap outta my Windows 7 install, to the point there was like nothing going on but Magic.

I'm not sure if everybody is interested in this kind of thing, but I most definitely appreciated the free boost in my CPU, and the whole thing with me testing 10 vs 7 was to get as many of these little performance boosts that I could.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... pying.html

Use at your own risk and all that disclaimer stuff, don't blame me if something goes wrong, I just installed this and thought it was pretty nice to free some memory up, but I dont know if other people have had issues with it.
blackdot

Re: what I found testing Windows 7 vs 10

Post by blackdot »

your spout performance increase sounds awesome, 2 percent of ram doesnt seem to be a lot though. also the thing is percentages dont say too much. my win7 machine only uses 15% of ram in idle, but as i have 16gb, thats still a whopping 2,5 gb.
Fractal Grinder

I meant like mid Twenties. So like I went from 26% to like 18 or 17 now. So about ten or a little less.
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

ah i kinda overread that. yeah thats nice. :) how much ram do you have?
Fractal Grinder

Only 8GB im thinking about upgrading but I would rather switch my main hard drive to SSD first when I have the money