Previous topicNext topic

Glitch Maker

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
TanookiMonk

Glitch Maker

Post by TanookiMonk »

For some time now, i try to make the perfect glitch maker inside of magic. I can say that i am more and more happy with the result but i would like to know if there are other people that use/make glitch with magic ? If so, what techniques do you use ! I am in the middle of a project that when finished i plan to show you guys how i proceed to make mines :) !
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Glitch Maker

Post by Magic »

I found this shader a while ago. I don't like it too much with the default setting, but I think it looks better if the size is increased a bit.
Glitch.fs
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
TanookiMonk

Post by TanookiMonk »

I would like to watch it but is dosent seems to load in latest magic !
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, interesting. Magic has a GLSL error log file called Magic_GLSL_compile_errors.txt which is in C:\Users\Public (Windows) or /Users/Shared (OS X) -- can you post the error message (if there is one)?
TanookiMonk

Post by TanookiMonk »

No there isnt any trace of error in that log related to this. Im on magic 1.65 32Bit and when loading this plugin my fps drop and its just does nothing on the screen
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

That glitch effect Eric posted seems to work fine for me and I am also using the 32 bit latest version of Magic.

Also, you might like a few of these I find them to be very good:
Slit Scan.fs
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Convergence.fs
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Dimitri.fs
(11.11 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

No there isnt any trace of error in that log related to this. Im on magic 1.65 32Bit and when loading this plugin my fps drop and its just does nothing on the screen
Hmm I'm not sure what's going on. What kind of graphics card do you have?

I wouldn't worry too much though, because it's not the most amazing effect anyway :).