Previous topicNext topic

Export looks different on my laptop vs my desktop

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
adamqlw

Export looks different on my laptop vs my desktop

Post by adamqlw »

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone has had this problem. I have a MacBook Pro and a desktop PC on Windows 10 with a Radeon R7 270x. The export function on the R7 270x looks significantly different from both the preview and the export on my MacBook Pro. I know that some effects like trails are sensitive to the FPS, but in this case, something is missing entirely.

The problem is so far specific to the video below. You can see two crescent shapes in the background that flash light blue every now and then (sort of forming the iris of an eye). I can see this in the Magic window on the R7 270x, but it is missing entirely when I export it. However, when I export it on my laptop, it is clearly visible (see video below). The shapes is one of the fractal shapes, with transparency linked to audio volume, and trails.

I'm not sure why this is the case, I can only imagine it is something specific to running the R7 270x in full-screen mode. If anybody has some advise on how to resolve this it would be very much appreciated. Exporting a video like that takes 30 mins on my R7 270x but 2+ hours on my MacBook Pro, so I'd much rather make use of the R7 270X if I can :(
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Export looks different on my laptop vs my desktop

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I'm not sure either, but sometimes there can be minor differences in the way graphics cards behave. For example, I've seen some shaders work on NVidia but not on Intel. When you say "one of the fractal shapes", do you mean one of the preset fractal shaders in the GLSLShader module? If so, which one?
adamqlw

Post by adamqlw »

Oops, sorry for the late reply Eric, thanks for helping out.

It is indeed the GLSL Shader module, the preset is curve1.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, it definitely sounds like a graphics card issue then. Unfortunately I don't have a Radeon to test with at the moment but I'll see what I can do.