Previous topicNext topic

Next silly question :)

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
TheLaughingBuddha

Next silly question :)

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

This one has me scratching my head...I spent hours trying different things last night to no avail.
Based on the Pink Floyd big screen light display I want to be able to trigger the 'beams' in a predefined sequence...i.e. one after the other with a small pause in between.
Each beam has its own input (no kalaidescope used) and I have tried using the input selector in varies ways.
As far as I can see it should just be a case of a trigger and an offset for each beam...but I cant get it to work.
Any help appreciated. (sorry if I am being dumb lol)
I rendered a few short scenes to show what I mean.
Regards
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Next silly question :)

Post by Magic »

It's hard for me to tell exactly what you're going for, but perhaps the Delay modifier would help?
TheLaughingBuddha

Re: Next silly question :)

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

Again...that was exactly the option I was looking for...perfect...Many thanks Eric.
Basically what I am doing is trying to get the effect of the lights on the round 'Pink Floyd' screen (the screen they used last on the 'Pulse' tour).
I want to be able to have different sequences of light beam effects play across a circular 'screen' as scenes that I can trigger by midi.
Seems pointless I know lol...but this is how I learn (this exercise has already taught me to use the 'delay' as well as how to do the light beams :))
Regards