Previous topicNext topic

Resources

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
TheLaughingBuddha

Resources

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

I have found some nice GLSL shaders over on the Shadertoy Beta website that work...only some of them work properly but the ones that do are real nice....I just copied the code from the site onto a txt file and used them like that...I did notice that some of them seem to have multiple layers which I dont know how to use but I will have a good read this weekend.
What I would really like and cant find is a resource for geometric or interesting shaped 3d models to use...I dont mind if its a payware site as long as its reasonable prices...can anyone point me in the right direction...I would be very grateful.
Many Thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Resources

Post by Magic »

Turbosquid is one of the big payware sites (with some free stuff).

Sometimes though it's hard to find interesting geometric shapes on payware sites because they tend to focus on realistic models (people, buildings, etc.).

Have you tried playing with programs like Blender or Sketchup? They would let you create a simple 3D model and then export it in OBJ format.
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

In the blender community, one of the most popular 3d model hosts is blendswap.com. the models there are usually free or under some creative commons licence.

Regards
TheLaughingBuddha

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

Thanks guys....I have just installed Blender to try.