Previous topicNext topic

strg+f crashes my pc

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
stevie777

strg+f crashes my pc

Post by stevie777 »

For fullscreen of the magic window I use strg+f. To close it I use it again, but then it crashes my pc. Win 10 then just shows me the dialog that it will reboot now.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: strg+f crashes my pc

Post by Magic »

Hmm, is this a brand new problem? Or has it happened before? What version of Magic are you using? I haven't changed anything with fullscreen mode in quite a while...

When Windows forces a reboot, it's usually due to something in the graphics driver. What kind of graphics card do you have? Have you tried updating the driver?

Or, one other thing you might want to try is enabling "Re-Init When Exiting Fullscreen" in Window > Magic Window Options. I added this specifically to handle graphics cards which have problems exiting fullscreen mode. Let me know if it helps any.
stevie777

Post by stevie777 »

I use v1.63 64 bit. The problem exists since my I upgrade to 10. My graphic card is a nvidea. I activated the re-init option for fullscreen, but it doesn't work really satisfying. I figured out that alt+tab seems to work well.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That's interesting. In fullscreen mode, Alt+Tab does almost exactly the same thing as Ctrl+F. The only difference is that Alt+Tab goes back to windowed mode immediately, whereas Ctrl+F checks to see if there are any other secondary displays to move the fullscreen window onto. Are you using more than one display on your computer?
stevie777

Post by stevie777 »

No, it's just one display.