Previous topicNext topic

Master Fader/Bus

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
sam

Master Fader/Bus

Post by sam »

Hi relatively new Magic user here. I love the program! Still new and I have a few questions. I looked through the feature requests and didn't see this, forgive me if it's there and I missed it :) In ProTools or a live audio mixer or anything similar there is the option to put something on the master bus. Meaning the final output gets the effect. Is it possible to do something like this in magic? So for example, say I have 10 scenes. I want to put the same effect on each scene to see how it looks just as a quick test. If I had a "master track" type option, the output of any scene would go into the master area, and the effect could be tested. That way I could just click from scene to scene without having copy and paste the same effect between each one. A master track type of option would also open up tons of options for changing colors quickly live. I could have a huge array of scenes and be able to color them all at the same time instead of individually. I work with a band where this would be a huge benefit. Is any of this possible? Thanks!!!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Master Fader/Bus

Post by Magic »

Hey Sam, thanks, it's a good suggestion. It's something I've thought of before, and it's on my list of things to do.

Have you played around with the SceneInput modules though? They will almost get you there. You'd have to manually put one in each scene before the Magic module, but once you do, you'd have a Scene that would act exactly as the "Master" scene as you described. Check out this section in the Users Guide: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... putModules, and let me know if you have any questions.