Previous topicNext topic

Bad export music quality

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dohertab

Bad export music quality

Post by dohertab »

Hi there,

I am trying to export a music video, and when I do the quality of the music is off. Specifically, the bass and low frequency sounds seem to crackle. I am exporting with the generic settings of mp4, 1280X720, etc.. Can you help me figure out how to get this music video with some good sound quality to it?

Thanks.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Bad export music quality

Post by Magic »

That kind of crackling usually happens when the overall music volume is clipping (beyond the maximum allowable limit). One cause could be that the audio gain is set a bit too high. Another cause could be that there are multiple tracks which are too loud when mixed together (even if they aren't individually too loud). Might either of these cases apply?

As a solution, you can try setting the audio gain a bit lower on one or more of your tracks: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... #AudioGain

Let me know if it helps at all.
dohertab

Post by dohertab »

Hey man thanks alot for the quick reply. Adjusting the gain lower doesn't seem to help at all, but it does seem like clipping would be the issue at hand. It is an originally made song and I have imported four different components of the song so that I could link them to different movements. Any other suggestions? Maybe this song just won't work.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, honestly I'm not sure what the problem could be. Is it possible that the clipping exists in the original tracks?

One more thing you could try is importing a final mix of your song in addition to the four separate component files. You can mute the component files so you don't hear them, but they will still control the visuals. And when you export your movie, you'll get only the nice final mix as the audio. Know what I mean?
dohertab

Post by dohertab »

That actually worked! Thanks a lot Eric.