Previous topicNext topic

M-Audio Troubles!

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Silvicious

M-Audio Troubles!

Post by Silvicious »

So, I have an M-Audio Fast Track 8r. It has 8 inputs - I have drums routed into input 1.

Magic recognizes the device, so I select it for the source. I have 8 inputs to choose from, 0-7. I select 0 for input 1.

For whatever reason, Magic isn't picking up any of the signal that is coming into the interface. Did I set it up wrong?

I've tried different combinations - "Built in Input" for source, "M-Audio" for input (it gives me 16 numbered options after I select).

I use Logic Pro, and I'm able to play into that. I've set it up before with Logic and Magic running at the same time, and it's worked! That's the first thing I tried when I tried to get it to work again, and no luck. I figured that maybe it would be less complicated if I tried to get to work with Magic alone.

Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: M-Audio Troubles!

Post by Magic »

Is this on Windows or OS X? Seems like OS X because of some of the things you mention, but I just want to be sure.

Can you post a screenshot of what your Audio/MIDI window looks like when you have the M-Audio device selected in the top drop-down box?
Silvicious

Post by Silvicious »

Yes, I'm using OS X 10.10.3!
Interface Input Setup
Interface Input Setup
Screenshot.jpg (99.52 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
I used an Mp3 as an input just to show that a visual does come up when I send a signal.
Mp3 Test
Mp3 Test
Screenshot2.jpg (106.13 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks. It looks to me like Magic is set up correctly for your device.

Have you verified that Input 0 is in fact the input that your Drum signal is coming in on? Maybe it's worth trying all the different Input #s just to be sure.

Also, one other thing to check: what sample rate is your device set to? Magic should work at any sample rate, but you might want to try 48000 or 44100 to see if it helps any.

Finally, make sure that you have enough gain on your Drum input. Maybe the signal is actually coming in, but it's just too faint?

Try those and let me know if anything helps. I'll see if I can think of other things that might be an issue.