Previous topicNext topic

Negative and Positive Screen movement?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Steven121314

Negative and Positive Screen movement?

Post by Steven121314 »

I have a system setup that just drops blocks... However i want it to be more. I made a system that when a frequency of 35-20Hz played the screen would go fuzzy and jump i made it in order to look like a bass drum was shaking the screen. However upon testing i saw the screen could only shake up and to the right (i did that on purpose). Is there any way to make it jump in random directions ONLY when a frequency of 35-20Hz is played, and not using the random modifier?
bandicam 2015-07-02 14-17-38-559.jpg
bandicam 2015-07-02 14-17-38-559.jpg (152.31 KiB) Viewed 3678 times
P.S. I don't know if this is a bug but for the random modifier to spawn a number over 1 I found it needed to be set too about 1.5 instead of 1.

P.P.S I love this program it's very well made and doesn't have a super steep learning curve so its easy to jump in and learn very quickly
I've only had the trial for 2 days and when it runs out i will defiantly be buying the program i feel it deserves it. Even the forums are clean and easy to use (With very responsive service).

Have a nice Day!
-Steve
Kvasnik

Re: Negative and Positive Screen movement?

Post by Kvasnik »

Hi I can think of two solutions for you, the first is the simplest:

1) ISF shake
Instead of using the translate module for the shake effect, instead use the ISF module 'Shake'. Not sure if you have it in your version or not, but it's free and available to get - I could find the link for you if you need it.

2) duplicate
Instead of using one Translate module, use two, or a number of different ones, and put them all into an Input Selector module (on the layers list of modules). Then put the random function on the input selector. That way, each Translate module could react to the sound, but which one is shown at any time would be unpredictale. Also FYI the 'average' function works well after the 'random' function to slow it down.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The Random modifier works by generating a random number between 0 and the specified value. So, the default is between 0 and 1.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think what you want to do is add an Offset modifier with -.5 afterwards, so you get a random value between -.5 and .5. Like this:
Random 1.0
Offset -0.5

Now your random value will be negative half the time, and positive half the time. To make it cover a wider area, you can add a Scale modifier, like:
Random 1.0
Offset -0.5
Scale 2.0

So now you have a random value between -1.0 and 1.0. Does that help?

Kvasnik's solutions are fine too of course. There are usually many ways to do something :).
Steven121314

Post by Steven121314 »

THANKS :D for the suggestions i will use all of them and see what suites me best!! ;)