Previous topicNext topic

Circular Movement/Translation

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Fractal Grinder

Circular Movement/Translation

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Hey is there anyway to get things moving in a circular manner, maybe with certain mapping to the Translate module? I would prefer if the circular movement could be controled by a MIDI knob, but any help on this would be appreciated. :D
Sadler

Re: Circular Movement/Translation

Post by Sadler »

Just put a "Rotate Vector" after a "Translate X". The amount of X changes the radius of the circle. You can have a polygon (for instance) move in a circle in all three dimensions.
Fractal Grinder

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Sadler wrote:Just put a "Rotate Vector" after a "Translate X". The amount of X changes the radius of the circle. You can have a polygon (for instance) move in a circle in all three dimensions.

Hey Sadler Thanks for trying to help me, honestly I really appreciate it. Took me a while to figure out which parameters to tweak but I got it. Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

If you want to look at an example, you can open the "MoreScenes" sample project (Help > Open Sample Project), and look at the "Light Discs" scene. It has two discs rotating around the center in a circular motion.