Previous topicNext topic

Frequency range selector for waveform

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
ianef

Frequency range selector for waveform

Post by ianef »

Could we please have a frequency range selector for the Waveform component. In fact adding the current 'Feature' dropdown used in nearly everywhere else to the Waveform source would be great. Ideally I'd like to add several Waveform sources to a scene based on frequency range and then use a MultiMix and/or Blend to merge and display these over time.

Passing the different frequency bands from a Waveform generator into say a Kaleidoscope would give very different and interesting effects based on frequency ranges.
Sadler

Re: Frequency range selector for waveform

Post by Sadler »

The Waveform module is a Geometry module hence it is quite resilient to scaling. If you want to focus on the low end, for example, just scale and translate in X until just the low end is visible.

However I agree this could be useful especially for circular waveforms that can't easily be scaled (in X or Y) like linear waveforms can.
ianef

Re: Frequency range selector for waveform

Post by ianef »

Thanks @Sadler, I'll have a play around with scaling etc.

But I do think being able to trim the audio to specifically what you are interested in before creating the geometric shapes has to be a plus. You know what you want and can filter to that, rather than trying to fudge the after effects to something approaching your vision, or not it you get it wrong!