Previous topicNext topic

Reset a parameter on input change

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
gribbles

Reset a parameter on input change

Post by gribbles »

I've a feeling this'll be obvious to old Magic heads - but I have searched and while I found a couple of useful things to look at, I can't quite do what I want.

I've got a jpeg image folder feeding into a the ISF vignette module. A vignette is slowly applied, and then holds for the remainder of time the image being displayed.

However, I need the vignette parameter to reset to 0 when then image changes so the effect is applied again - the way I have it counts up to 1 and 'sticks' for the next image.

I've played with the restart module, but with no success...

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

.g
gribbles

Re: Reset a parameter on input change

Post by gribbles »

I've sort of solved my problem, but coming at it a different way - it'd be good to see if there is still a way of resetting a module on new input (or something similar!)

What I've done is set the timing of the Image folder random choice interval to match the length of 4 bars of the music, then set up a global using ramp timed to increment to 1 over the same period. So I then use that global where I need the timing of a modifier/effect to match the image swap interval...

It seems to work OK, but I can feel timing issues coming at some point in my future... ;)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

This is a little simpler and will run for hours without slipping. For added security, put the ramp in a global.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 225956.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-11 225956.jpg (31.74 KiB) Viewed 548 times
gribbles

Post by gribbles »

Great stuff - I was getting close!

Had already defined a couple of ramps in global to match 2 and 4 bars @ 100bpm by setting the ramp value to the appropriate interval.

So if I pop that in place of the ramp in your example, we should be getting there...

Thanks for helping a newbie - really enjoying learning stuff in MMV. It's flexing bits of my brain that haven't been flexed in a while and it's fun...

Cheers,

.g