Previous topicNext topic

Midi record start sync

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
rummik

Midi record start sync

Post by rummik »

Hello, I'm using an external synth to automate midi parameters and this question came up:
Can I synchronize the start of midi recording between the program and the synth, so that one responds with the second?
It's very inconvenient to press the start of the sequences on the synth on the countdown in the program, it's a little bit out of sync with the audio file.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Midi record start sync

Post by Magic »

Unfortunately there is no way to synchronize with an external source, however you can adjust the start time of MIDI files to compensate for any sync issues.
rummik

Post by rummik »

Magic wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:37 pm Unfortunately there is no way to synchronize with an external source, however you can adjust the start time of MIDI files to compensate for any sync issues.
Can I edit midi files in the program? Can you give me instructions or point me to the manual section?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

No, you cannot edit MIDI files in the program. This is because external MIDI editors are already quite good and it would be silly for us to duplicate that functionality.

If you want to read about what MIDI functionality Magic does have, there is a section in the User's Guide. You can view the User's Guide on our web site, or you can view it from the Help menu in the app.