Previous topicNext topic

Magic modules not responding to play. (edited) [SOLVED]

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
OldNick

Magic modules not responding to play. (edited) [SOLVED]

Post by OldNick »

I have made a project that reacts to sound and music. When I made the project, I had Voicemeeter installed. I found Voicemeeter to be a bit oif a nuisance for a few instances and uninstalled it, including rebooting.

When I rebooted and fired up Magic, there was no sound, as Magic had been set to Voicemeeter as its output. I am not sure if there was video activity when I played it. I could not find a way to set the sound output within Magic, so I used Sound Settings and Advanced to set it to go straight to the soundcard's input. I had to restart Magic to make that "stick". I had sound. But now when I play the project, none of the Modules is reacting to the sound: I just have a black video window.

Can anyone help me, please? This weird. :(

EDIT: This problem is also affecting other projects.

EDIT: I tried to install a later version and gave up on that. Reinstalling my older version solved this problem

Nick
pyc

Re: Magic modules not responding to play. (edited) [SOLVED]

Post by pyc »

It really seems that this is the bug in newer versions of MMV, I've seen multiple users are reporting it here. Hope it will get fixed soon - tried everything I can for MMV to react not only to supplied files but also live audio sources.
OldNick

Re: Magic modules not responding to play. (edited) [SOLVED]

Post by OldNick »

OK! Thanks for that. As usual it's comforting to know it's not just me. My grey old brain sometimes gets a little afraid. :?