Previous topicNext topic

Image On / Off progression by beat?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
danzbassman

Image On / Off progression by beat?

Post by danzbassman »

Is there a way to get a succession of images to turn on/off to the beat of an audio track?

For example, if I have three polygons that are red, blue, and green and I want the red to turn on with the first beat, turn off on the second beat, the blue polygon to turn on with the second beat, and off with the third beat, and the green to turn on with the third beat and off with the fourth beat, and then start the progression again on what would be the first beat of the next measure (assuming music is in 4/4).

I figured out how to use input selector to alternate the visible images, but can't figure out how to do it to a specific beat from an audio source.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dan
Sadler

Re: Image On / Off progression by beat?

Post by Sadler »

Hi Dan,

You're almost there with the InputSelector. You need to decide whether you want to react to the audio source or match the beat with a timer. In both cases you'd use a Trigger (Integer) fired by the audio or the timer (maybe a ramp).
danzbassman

Post by danzbassman »

Thank you. That almost has me where I want to be.

I set the InputSelectort to Source 0 Feature Volume Trigger .5

The value starts a zero and with each beat, it increases.

Is there a way to reset the value to zero when it reaches say 4 and have it start incrementing again?

The result I'd like is for it to display: Input 1, input 2, input 3, input 4, input 1, input 2, etc.

Thanks again.

Dan
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

You want to add a Wrap modifier - set it to the number of images you're cycling through.
danzbassman

Post by danzbassman »

Thank you so much! The wrap modifier got me exactly where I wanted to be.

I was trying to get the same results using a Restart modifier but couldn't get there.

Dan