Previous topicNext topic

have more "starting points" for the video module

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
blackdot

have more "starting points" for the video module

Post by blackdot »

I would find it very useful if we could define more than one starting points for the video modules. They would each have their respective "go to start" triggers. Also you would be able to loop the inbetween times. Eg loop the clip from start 1 to start 2. Or start 2 to start 3. Or even 1 to 3,etc.

This would allow for "jumping" to a different parts of the video. Either manually or music based. Which would be awesome \o/ as you could either prerender a video with parts you want to use or pick parts you like from a preexisting video or movie.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: have more "starting points" for the video module

Post by Magic »

How about using different scenes? You could have a Video module in each, with the same video file, but different loop points. You could just change scenes to switch between them. Easy.

The problem with adding more loop points to the Video module is that, for modules in general, only a fixed number of parameters are supported right now. So at least a trigger, start, and end parameter for each loop point would have to be added, which would be 6 or 9 more parameters for 2 or 3 loop points. It might get a bit crowded, and it might still be not enough for some users.
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Hmm i see. The reason this came up is because im trying to use video snippets as different components of the whole image. I guess i could stack the same clips on top of each other and work with making then visible/invisible. I assume it should be possible to make the underlying invisible, the overlying visiblr and jump to start all with the same button press.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That makes sense. You should definitely be able to do exactly what you're suggesting. If not, let me know.

I'll also try to think if there's any other functionality I could add to make it easier.

EDIT: one thing I just thought of: how about controlling the start/end points with MIDI? So you could change them dynamically, on the fly?
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

about your edit: i'll try that too. i'm still waiting for the delivery of the korg nano kontrol 2 to try stuff out. dont know if i can send a specific value, in this case e.g. 4 (for 4 seconds), so the start/end time jumps to 4. if that's possible, it would equal my initial request.