Previous topicNext topic

mp4 audio quality settings

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
TKS

mp4 audio quality settings

Post by TKS »

As discussed here https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... f=2&t=2989 it would be nice to have an audio quality setting for mp4 (or other) export formats.

I know I can replace the audio later with ffmpeg (or a video editing program of my choice), but it would be much more convenient to have this in the export dialog.
The bitrate etc. for the export needs to be set anyway, so it shouldn't be much work to add that to the UI.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: mp4 audio quality settings

Post by Magic »

Magic's mp4 export is intended to have maximum compatibility, thus the options are limited.
Sajaye

Post by Sajaye »

Having audio quality settings in the export dialogue would simplify the editing process significantly. I've often faced the same issue: adjusting audio quality, which can be cumbersome when done separately from the video export.

Speaking of streamlining, a user-friendly editor like Movavi has been invaluable when it comes to tasks like combining videos. Movavi, with its advanced video-editing capabilities, offers professional-level tools but is still accessible to beginners. This ease of use is beneficial when juggling multiple editing tasks, such as combining videos and fine-tuning audio settings. It allows for a more integrated and seamless editing experience.
TEHK

Post by TEHK »

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

OIFS="$IFS" && \
IFS=$'\n' && \
ffmpeg -i $1 -i $2 -c:v copy -map 0:v:0 -c:a copy -map 1:a:0 $3
IFS="$OIFS"
I use this script to replace the audio track from Magic's mp4 output file with the raw audio compressed to flac format.

Code: Select all

reflace.sh magic-outputted.mp4 raw-audio.flac magic-with-lossless-audio.mp4
Perfect for uploading to YouTube this way, so the audio is only compressed once on the YT side from flac -> opus.