Previous topicNext topic

Shadertoy to ISF Converter

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Stopfordian

Shadertoy to ISF Converter

Post by Stopfordian »

I've been using the Magic Shadertoy converter for some time but recently I have been unable to do so.
On pasting a Shadertoy ID and clicking the Convert button I get the message:

"Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks.
Rick

Re: Shadertoy to ISF Converter

Post by Rick »

Same. Any word on a fix?
Terry Payman

Re: Shadertoy to ISF Converter

Post by Terry Payman »

Pending a fix of this, there's the alternative of importing via the awesome VIDVOX ISF editor
https://isf.vidvox.net/desktop-editor/

A quick test confirmed that this was working fine on a Shadertoy example (https://www.shadertoy.com/view/dt2SRt)
You'll need to go search for the converted ISF. On my Win 10 system they're put in C:\ProgramData\ISF, and for the above shader the converted filename is 3D_Voronoi_testje_dt2SRt.fs

This tool greatly facilitates the addition of extra inputs to a shader, for example one can replace a constant in a Shadertoy shader with an ISF input to enable it to be varied. Save the result of any edits, then check for compilation errors in the panel beneath the editor. Save any edits before adding inputs - sometimes I've lost unsaved edits when inputs are added.

Import of some Shadertoy shaders is not handled by the ISF editor, especially those using buffers.
Others can need a bit of editing to correct compilation errors flagged in the editor after the import. Usually the end result works in Magic.

Imports from GLSL Sandbox still do not work for me in the ISF editor. My Windows version (2.9.14.0) appears to be the latest.