Previous topicNext topic

Starfield n Spectrum blend mode not working as expected

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
thedoger82

Starfield n Spectrum blend mode not working as expected

Post by thedoger82 »

Hi there,

Im doing a project where i want to use the starfield as background and the spectrum as main "image", but happens that when i use the blend module, it doesnt matter which mode i use i cant achieve what i want, which is to make the particles being seen only on the black part of the spectrum, this works fine with a png file with alpha channel on mixed with the starfield module, but it doesnt work with the spectrum module mixed with the starfield module.

Any idea how to solve this?

I attached project files to make easy to understand my problem

Thanks a lot for any help!!!
Attachments
PEPEGUERREROLogo.png
PEPEGUERREROLogo.png (724.15 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Top 10 de los pueblitos más bonitos de Colombia.jpeg
Top 10 de los pueblitos más bonitos de Colombia.jpeg (146.51 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Pepe.magic
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Sadler

Re: Starfield n Spectrum blend mode not working as expected

Post by Sadler »

The spectrum has a transparent background but, because you're using effects on the spectrum, this removes the alpha. You could add a lumakey to recreate it but this has the drawback that dark areas of the image will show the background (stars). You'd be better off simplifying it and using a Mask module between the spectrum and your image. You could simplify other parts of the patch too.
Screenshot 2024-04-23 100200.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 100200.jpg (92.16 KiB) Viewed 120 times
thedoger82

Re: Starfield n Spectrum blend mode not working as expected

Post by thedoger82 »

@Sadler, thanks a lot for the quick answer, best solution is the mask module, i should have thought of it!!!

Again i really appreciate it!!!