Previous topicNext topic

VideoFolder module - controlled loop time?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
frank_halfwong

VideoFolder module - controlled loop time?

Post by frank_halfwong »

Hi,

I'm using the VideoFolder module to load a bunch of GIFs into MMV. MMV's user manual is quite straight forward with the options available. Checked the forums and I couldn't find anything relating to media loops.

My question was regarding the looping function ; since GIFs aren't real video files but rather stacked frames, is there a way to modify the loop for X seconds each GIF rather than looping the entire folder?

In the current option format, each GIF is looped (played once). The only "solution" I found was to load each GIF individually.... And have an input selection swap through them but since I have many dozen of GIF, this doesn't scale too well.

Thanks in advance!

frank
Sadler

Re: VideoFolder module - controlled loop time?

Post by Sadler »

"Loop current" will keep the current GIF looping forever. Could you then put a trigger on the "Goto next" based on audio, oscillators or specific times?
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

That's a great Idea, i'll give it a shot!
Thanks
Cheers!
Frank
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

Hi,

I've tried, it and it works in the sense that i can see the trigger working but there is no way for me (i've tried so many different values) to control the trigger time. I'm trying to space out the times with the oscillator without any success.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks!

Frank
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

A Ramp modifier with a value of x will repeat every 1/x seconds. So if you want a 5 second repeat, use .2; or a 10 second repeat, use .1.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

I've noticed that it works with 1/value ; but what I cannot manage is how to have the trigger using that method. Let me know show you what i've done. It only triggers once the swap but then the counter keeps going up without any impact! I'm probably using it wrong.

Here:

Thank you so much Éric, sorry for the noob questions.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_272 Aug. 27 23.23.jpg
ScreenHunter_272 Aug. 27 23.23.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As Sadler said, the trigger should be on the Goto Next parameter.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

As you can see in my previous post (i had forgotten to post the screen capture). Despite putting a trigger module, even when it does trigger, it doesn't "hit" goto next. What am i doing wrong?

thanks!

Frank
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The Goto Next button is a trigger. You don’t want a Trigger modifier there also. That would be two triggers, and it would break things. The Sin Osc is enough.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

Ok perfect, i've gone back to the manual with your comment and I understood that by default, the trigger is every time it hits 0.5 in it of itself with the sin/ram etc.

Thank you so much! I've created something pretty amazing. Long live MMV!

Frank