Previous topicNext topic

Power On/Off indication

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Reigel

Power On/Off indication

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
another wish:
When a module is powered off it is greyed out (and the complete chain before also). That indicates clearly the state at one glance. Unfortunately this is not the case if power is shown in the parameters and e.g. activated through MIDI. So it cannot be easily seen if the module is active or not. This is especially valid when minimised. Could that be consistent?

And I would very much welcome some indication for a Bypass also.

Best
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Power On/Off indication

Post by Magic »

I understand what you are saying, but there needs to be a differentiation in the way the buttons work vs the way the parameters work, otherwise it will be confusing as to what is active and what is not.

In other words, the following states need to look different from each other:
- Both button and parameter off
- Button on, parameter off
- Button off, parameter on
- Both on

I'm open to suggestions... :)
Reigel

Post by Reigel »

I am afraid: What is the difference by turning power off with the button and doing with the parameter? The effect at least is exactly the same...am I wrong? If not I am eager to learn the difference.
Then I must come come back to some indcation with colours...and You don't like that as I know.

Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, the effect is the same, but it will be important to know what the source is.

I will have to think about this. Maybe color is an option, or at least some kind of tint.
Reigel

Post by Reigel »

Yes, this is right, You need to know where power is turned off. Thanks for thinking about a solution. Maybe You could just deactivate (even remove?) the powerbutton if the paramter is activated?

Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The button always overrides the parameter, so it will have to remain there regardless.
DemBambiSeiMudder

Post by DemBambiSeiMudder »

How about a different color for a module where somewhere in the chain following the current module is some module disabled?
Then I know "this will not be shown, but another module is disabled".

Also this would be cool for the InputSelector module. So if I have 5 input chains, but only one is active I could be able to see that.

An idea for implementing: the connections between modules are not only one way, but the disabled state would propagate recursively back through the chain.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

How about a different color for a module where somewhere in the chain following the current module is some module disabled?
Then I know "this will not be shown, but another module is disabled".
Sure, that would be a good idea if different colors are implemented.