Previous topicNext topic

Triggering images with MIDI Note

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
sameloop

Triggering images with MIDI Note

Post by sameloop »

Hi. I'm trying to do what I thought would be a simple thing, and that is using MIDI note data to trigger JPEGS. I've tried putting image modules thought the input selector, but can't work out how to actually get that to work. I'm hoping it's clever use of modifiers, but I'm not to versed in the finer points of them yet!

The only way I've got fairly close to what I want is by making a separate scene for each image and then triggering the scenes via MIDI (using 'learn' and hitting the appropriate key). This actually works, but I feel it's inefficient. I want to do it within a scene, ideally.

Ultimately, I'd just like the ability to trigger any suitable module via MIDI note, and also control parameters with rotary encoders at the same time.

Any help greatly appreciated.
blackdot

Re: Triggering images with MIDI Note

Post by blackdot »

just did this a few days ago. configured my midi controller to send notes and hooked the input selector up like this in magic.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.81 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
sameloop

Re: Triggering images with MIDI Note

Post by sameloop »

blackdot wrote:just did this a few days ago. configured my midi controller to send notes and hooked the input selector up like this in magic.
Capture.JPG
Yes! Bloody genius, thanks.