Previous topicNext topic

OBJ Texture Import not working.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
SpaghettiLord1010

OBJ Texture Import not working.

Post by SpaghettiLord1010 »

I've just recently purchased Magic and made a video or two, but now I wanted to test importing 3d-Models via the Model-Module my model is saved as an .obj file with the correct mtl resource file, Magic does load one texture on a cone but it won't load a texture on my Sphere, on the other hand, it does load a part of another model (consisting of a sphere and a cylinder) where the sphere has a solid color - which imports correctly, but the cylinder also has a solid color but the color won't import correctl - could you please look into this error because this function seems not to be of great use if it is only possible to load some textures of a model.

I've checked the forums and all I could find was that info that the texture support is very limited and that it does not support Bump Maps, Reflections etc. So I went into my 3D-Program and removed all instances where I had some reflections, note that I did not have any bump map. But still, only one of the two textures load which makes Magic a little less usable which is sad because I genuenly like the program.

I would really appreciate, if you could try and either tell me what to do different (other than removing my second texture) or if you could do something about it.

I've tried all day long to find any file format or combination of things that works but my search was fruitless.

How it should look
As it should be.
As it should be.
right.PNG (209.35 KiB) Viewed 2883 times

How it looks currently
As it is.
As it is.
wrong.PNG (12.83 KiB) Viewed 2883 times

It would be a genuinly awesome feature, if it worked correctly, I really hope you can help me out!
Studio-dbfx

Re: OBJ Texture Import not working.

Post by Studio-dbfx »

Try renaming your .png or jpg file if it has any spaces in it. If your file name is like this "my sphere" try renaming it to "mysphere". If you can export out to a collada dae file, the solid color should look right.

You could also try editing the .mtl file in a text editor for the Solid Color, then save it. Just leave the kd line which is the diffuse color. There most likely be a header text before that which you can leave. If there's a texture line in the .mtl file for the png or jpg leave that there too!
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (78.16 KiB) Viewed 2871 times
SpaghettiLord1010

Thanks! I'll try that right now, I remember that I have spaces in my titles, maybe it works!
SpaghettiLord1010

Oh thanks thanks thanks!!!

Thank you soooo much - it's working perfectly now!
Have a super great day and thanks again for the help, wouldn't have thought it was this easy of a fix! :D :D