Previous topicNext topic

Audio not playing in Magic

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jjdeprisco

Audio not playing in Magic

Post by jjdeprisco »

I've added a WAV file to my project as an input source and assigned it to device for reactivity.

When I press play on the transport in Magic, I'm not hearing anything, and the progress bar for the audio clip does not move.

Mac High Sierra.

I'm wondering if this is something that happened when I upgraded to Performer, because it used to work fine with the Basic version.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Audio not playing in Magic

Post by Magic »

Doubtful that it's anything with Performer. The problem is likely with your audio output device. Check your System Preferences.
jjdeprisco

Post by jjdeprisco »

Yeah, thanks. That was not very helpful. :)

I run all sorts of multimedia stuff here and the interface is working fine for several different DAWs, OBS, and a number of other things. Definitely not a newbie.

Of course I've checked the basic things. Was looking for more detailed help.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

More detailed help is usually best found in the User's Guide, at least as a first step.

For example, here is the Audio Issues section: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... udioIssues

Or, you can also reset the entire program's settings via the Help menu: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... l#HelpMenu

Overall, there is no difference in the audio playback functionality between Performer and Studio. If Studio was working fine, then just try to get back to your previous state by reducing or eliminating variables.
jjdeprisco

Post by jjdeprisco »

That was much more helpful. Had to reset the device twice in Magic, but it's working now. Made no other changes to my system. Thanks!