Previous topicNext topic

ASIO Support

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
enuame

ASIO Support

Post by enuame »

Good afternoon team,

I've been using MMV for a while now and use it as part of my live gigs. This is great, because we use a multiple system setup for our sound system and so have the ability to use the inputs for sound. However, I've recently moved to a mobile system for work, which means I don't have an input (using a laptop) and most of our visuals are built around our decks. I have tried using the other methods for input, but other than the direct input from our stage equipment, when using these other methods, it feels slightly slower in response from sound to visual.

For us ASIO support is much better than the WASPI, as the driver base for our system is ASIO and so the sound to visual response time is almost instantaneously.

I hope you can accommodate this, as we really love your kit.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: ASIO Support

Post by Magic »

Magic has supported ASIO from the very beginning, unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.
enuame

Post by enuame »

When not using everything through our studio, I use a USB with ASIO drivers MIDI/DECKS (Normally it is decks to mixer, mixer to server and then server to our GPU server/PC which does all the sound to visual rendering). When using the input from the ASIO driver for the decks, it's not picking up sound levels properly or at times instantaneously or not at all.

The issue we have and why it doesn't work for us in the fashion we want, is due to the fact that on a whole ASIO drivers are flawed in terms of multiple device use and so our main ASIO that controls the decks, can't truly connect to your software and so we have to use another format in the inputs (I can't tell you which one it is off the top of my head, as I'm just waiting to reinstall the software on the laptop, just having issues with the re downloading and getting license).

Once I've got the software back up and operational, I'll be able to add more details.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Unfortunately I still don't really understand what you're saying.

Make sure you are choosing the right audio device, as demonstrated in this screenshot with an ASIO device selected:

Other than that, if you have a "flawed ASIO driver", I'm not sure what it has to do with Magic...?