Previous topicNext topic

Issues with Convergence Effect

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
allinesik

Issues with Convergence Effect

Post by allinesik »

Hi, I'm trying to use the convergence effect on a polygon on my project. It moves the polygons around which is the effect I want; however, what I don't want is the extreme static/fuzz the effect is adding to the entire window. I can't figure out why there is so much static. Whenever I try adding the convergence effect, I get the polygons to move around (which is what I want) but at the same time theres a ton of fuzz and static that covers my entire window when i put the effect on.

I'm wondering if anybody knows how to fix this, or why I'm having this issue. I'm relatively new to MMV so perhaps im missing something thats obvious.

Any help is appreciated,

Allinesik
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Convergence Effect

Post by Magic »

Not sure. Can you post a screenshot? Also what kind of graphics card do you have?
allinesik

Post by allinesik »

Hi, here's a video showing what happens with / without convergence on. Im having the same problem with convergence in another project im working on as well, and have noticed the same issue with some other effects (cant remember the others off the top of my head), but the issue is that instead of the effect only effecting the polygon in use it instead effects the whole window.

My graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 6000 in my 2016 Mac Air.
Attachments
The first image is without convergence on, the second is with.
The first image is without convergence on, the second is with.
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.55.23 PM.png (693.26 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
allinesik

Post by allinesik »

Heres some added information --- The issue is happening with ALL ISF effects. Everything under the ISF category is impacting my entire window. Perhaps this will help you guys to identify what the issue is.

Thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

All I can tell you is that ISF has been in Magic for several years without any major issues. So, my gut tells me there is something going on with your particular computer. I can't think of any reason that there would be problems on a 2016 Mac Air, but it's not exactly a high-end computer. Have you tried making sure the operating system is up to date?
allinesik

Post by allinesik »

Okay, thanks for getting back to me. I currently do have the most up to date operating system. My computer has been a bit wonky lately, so I agree it probably is something with my computer. I'll try and see what there is on my end that I can do to help fix this. Thanks for the help
allinesik

Post by allinesik »

Hi Eric,

I have one more screenshot that I think could possibly help narrow down the problem. Been trying different strategies all day to fix any issues with my CPU but i haven't been able to change anything in Magic. Anyways, I think shows more accurately what my issue is with ISF. Anytime i add it, it goes around the polygon i put it onto, not necessarily the window as a whole. In this image you can see that there is a box with the effect that goes around the polygons. Not sure if this will be of any help to solve the problem but just thought id give it one last try before I do anything drastic with my computer.

I appreciate all your help
Attachments
Here, you can see the extra fuzz / static in a box around the polygon.
Here, you can see the extra fuzz / static in a box around the polygon.
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 3.45.38 PM.png (257.89 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That doesn't really help unfortunately. I'll think about it though...