Previous topicNext topic

Input sources issue: peripheral conflict with audio tracks

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Sintek

Input sources issue: peripheral conflict with audio tracks

Post by Sintek »

https://youtu.be/rODrwS3fync

Hello everybody!!! This is a private share link: for this simple test I've NOT used my external sound card, but the internal MB speakers so any external sound card compatibility for input sources should be avoided.

As an input peripherals I have an "aggregate device" (it is the "combinato altoparlanti" you see in the video). If I put an audio file on the magic input sources and leave the input sources closed the track plays normally. If I turn on the input sources with my aggregate periph. the audio track stop working. Ableton MIDI (with IAC) and Audio (with the aggregate) works perfectly together BUT I also need to put some pre-recorded audio tracks on the input sources....

It's for a project that I'm working on by weeks, but it still doesn't seems to work.

Any thought?? Thanks and have a nice day!!!!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Input sources issue: peripheral conflict with audio trac

Post by Magic »

Magic allows you to select the input audio device inside the app, but the output audio device is the system default device that is selected in the Control Panel or System Preferences (in the Sound options).

So my guess is that you can't use the same audio device both for output and as part of an aggregate input.
Sintek

Re: Input sources issue: peripheral conflict with audio trac

Post by Sintek »

CONFLICT SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!

Created a new "multiple output" device with my external speakers as my master device and the 64ch soundflower

Then placed the multiple output device as main output audio and leave the aggregate device as an input on Magic.

Then...NOTHING....works MAGICALLY!!! :)

Ableton audio with aggregate, Ableton midi sends with IAC and audio files too!!

So, yes, I think is a sort of Magic conflict to recognized peripherals as input and output too...

Thanks Eric: you drive my way!!!!