Previous topicNext topic

Festival Set

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sadler

Festival Set

Post by Sadler »

Here's a set I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. They won't play this fast on the night. I expect the music on the night to be much less exciting but I am more concerned about the different levels and texture not matching. Can you spot the obvious theme? It is still wip so I would appreciate any comments, thanks.
hazardman

Re: Festival Set

Post by hazardman »

sadler, i must say that this is superb work!..

found myself mesmerized with the various droste effects in the last 1/3rd of the vid...the only thing that bothered me was around the 0:36 mark...i found the trails to be too dense/bright which was rather different then most of the footage that had more black space...

other than that, well done ;)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Cheers! and thanks for your specific thoughts. The over-bright scene you refer to I call "Sparkle Party". It is intended to be intense but I take your point when compared to the rest. I have a couple of weeks to fine-tune and I hope to get hold of some more representative music beforehand.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

This is really nice Sadler. You're getting very good with the way you vary the imagery and how it responds subtly but noticeably to the audio.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks Eric, yes that 'subtle but noticeable' is a challenge sometimes. I'm not sure the actual audience will appreciate what folks on here do, if anything.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Great work Sadler!

For me, the only texture that really doesn't fit with the rest is the superimposed waveform at 0:05-0:08.
No other element looks or responds like it.

Do I get some hamentashen for guessing this is for a Purim party?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks Terry - and yes, I'll save some cake for you. It's a Purim party at the Jewish Museum in London.

You're right, that waveform does look out of place - thanks.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Personally I liked the variety of the waveform juxtaposed with everything else. Just my two cents.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

nice work, a very interesting variety, congratulations !
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Cheers damstraversaz!

There are visuals out there that everyone objectively considers fantastic. Perhaps I'd choose Android Jones as one example, but even his work might not be everyone's taste. I can only aspire to that sort of work. Eric's two cents is worth more than two-cents since he gets to see lots of great visuals I'm sure, but he's biased ;)

<retorical>So, wave-form or no wave-form? </retorical>
wsobeats

Post by wsobeats »

Eric wrote:Personally I liked the variety of the waveform juxtaposed with everything else. Just my two cents.
Hello Eric,

I noticed that is on Youtube and using alot of the animations that used to be an issue on Youtube. Sometimes it's foggy, but sometimes it's super-clear. I don't know if its by design or still Youtube issues. I haven't made a video in a while and see there are several updates.

Nice work, btw.
Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

is that food?!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

is that food?!
I wouldn't go so far to as to call hamentashen food, but, yes, it is edible.