Previous topicNext topic

MIDI file scene playback

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Glestik

MIDI file scene playback

Post by Glestik »

Hello,

I am trying to play back a recording of a live performance from a MIDI file. I am fairly new to Magic and at this point just using a MIDI controller to select scenes. I have assigned pads on my MIDI controller to trigger individual scenes and can control scene selection live without a problem. I recorded a MIDI file of the performance and open that in Magic. But when I get to this point the MIDI file plays back notes so I know these triggers (note numbers) have been recorded but I don't see a way to assign this file to trigger my scene selections. Am I missing something obvious? Any ideas? Thanks

Glestik
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI file scene playback

Post by Magic »

The Playlist doesn't respond to MIDI files (yet). It is a high priority feature that we will add soon. In the meantime you can set up the Playlist with the regular timing functionality.
Glestik

Post by Glestik »

Thanks, for the reply. I have been doing performances with alot of scenes and pretty quick cuts and want to turn these into videos. It will be alot easier to perform this rather than program it so I definitely vote for this feature upgrade.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

+1 (I suspect it will be for the next update ;)