Previous topicNext topic

Changing playlist entry on Mac

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Sampleconstruct

Changing playlist entry on Mac

Post by Sampleconstruct »

Changing playlist entries on Mac does not work as announced in the manual, I've tried all possible key combinations (cmd+[ or cmd+] does not work as the "[" entry requires the “alt“ key), can someone help please?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Changing playlist entry on Mac

Post by Magic »

Hmm that's interesting, no one has ever mentioned anything like that before. What kind of keyboard do you have?
Sampleconstruct

In this case a normal IMac keyboard, nothing special.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok. Strange, because in 7 years I haven't gotten a complaint about it. Maybe the keyboard changed? Anyway, I can probably add the Alt key.
Sampleconstruct

Eric wrote:Ok. Strange, because in 7 years I haven't gotten a complaint about it. Maybe the keyboard changed? Anyway, I can probably add the Alt key.
That would be great, I have a gig next Sunday where I would need this, if you can't make it until then I will try changing playlist entries via Midi.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I was just in the Apple store and the iMac keyboard has a normal “[“ key which doesn’t require Alt. What keyboard do you have? Can you attach a photo of it?
Sampleconstruct

Eric wrote:I was just in the Apple store and the iMac keyboard has a normal “[“ key which doesn’t require Alt. What keyboard do you have? Can you attach a photo of it?
None of the Mac keyboards (4 of them) I own have a dedicated keys for [ or ] - it's always alt+5 or alt+6 - photo attached.
http://patchpool.s3.amazonaws.com/Priva ... 112351.jpg
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ah. Because it’s not an English keyboard. Well, I’ll have to see what I can do.
Sampleconstruct

Eric wrote:Ah. Because it’s not an English keyboard. Well, I’ll have to see what I can do.
For now I've setup a Midi keyboard to control scene changes via note number, but I'd prefer keyboard shortcuts in the future. Thanks for your attention.