Previous topicNext topic

Backmagic Design capture cards not working

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
D1gits

Backmagic Design capture cards not working

Post by D1gits »

I have a few different BMD capture cards, the Ultriastudio 4K, Ultrastudio 3D and some Ultrastudio Mini recorders. Unfortunately the only one that is working at the moment seem to be the Mini recorders... The other two, they just don't show up as a source. Anyone else having this issue? Could this be fixed in a future version perhaps?

All the best. D1gits
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Backmagic Design capture cards not working

Post by Magic »

You’re a Mac user right? Make sure to use the VideoCaptureQT module which is compatible with anything that has a QuickTime driver.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Thanks for that info Eric! Yes Im a Mac user...

I'll check it out as soon as I have the setup in front of me again (just got out of a quite hectic production, where I ended up using Black Syphon as a work around). And I'll get back on this matter with more tests. Have a great weekend :D
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Just got the equipment up and running, after a shorter break from our rehearsals... The problem seem to be that I can't select the right frame rate. The capture card does show up in Magic. But the frame is just black. In both Black syphon, Isadora and Resolume I have the option to select different frame rates, in my case 25 fps. As soon as I select the right frame rate in these three programs, the image shows up. Maybe Im missing where to chose this within Magic. Or is there anywhere else in the OS, you choose what frame rate Quicktime will listen to?

Regards . D1gits
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Any one got a solution on this one?!

Would love to get my hands on a way to set the correct frame rate... ;)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I'm not sure why it wouldn't auto-select the current frame rate, because I've tested that on several BlackMagic cards, but I can look into adding an option to force a specific frame rate.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

That would definitely be a welcome add Eric! At the moment it is not working at all with my BMD card... Thanks!