Previous topicNext topic

3d files/textures

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
grenno

3d files/textures

Post by grenno »

Hey,

I've been using 3d objects more and more and I've generally tried to stick to using the obj format, however there seems to be an issue when referencing textures for use with the obj file. It seems to be very unreliable.

One thing I've noticed is that if there are any spaces within the filename when referenced in the .mtl file, it just wont pick up the texture.

So as an example if the texture is called "side 1.jpg" , I have to rename the file to "side1.jpg" and then go into the mtl file and replace every reference to the texture file to the new name.

However this doesn't always seem to rectify the issues I have with the textures.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nhFo5F ... sp=sharing

Above is a link to an eyeball model I was hoping to use on Halloween. As you can see, some of the textures work but others don't. And I don't know why.

I'm not sure if there's anything you're able to do about it or if there's anything I'm missing, as my knowledge on 3d modelling is quite limited, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Magic
Site Admin

Re: 3d files/textures

Post by Magic »

The Model module has only very basic texture support. Things like bump maps and reflection maps don't work.