Previous topicNext topic

Playlist MIDI select stops working with new interface.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
bigjoescientist

Playlist MIDI select stops working with new interface.

Post by bigjoescientist »

1. Months ago, I used MIDI learn to assign a note to several Playlist Entries (This is before I discovered MIDI/OSC Config assign, which would have been a better way to do it.) Chain is Electribe>Mio interface>Magic. Works great!

2. Because my Mio has developed a bad cable, I physically swapped it for a generic MIDI/USB cable/interface.

3. MIDI Monitor shows the same data is being received using either Mio or the generic interface.

4. However, the learned Playlist select does not seem to work with the generic interface.

Is the Playlist is listening for the Mio, so not hearing the generic interface? I can't find a way of changing the Playlist Entry receive device. The MIDI/OSC Config fields don't seem to display the previously learned value, which might be helpful. For troubleshooting, is there a way to see what the previously learned MIDI values for each Entry are... a config file?

Thanks! Love the software!!! If I need to, I'll just spring for a replacement Mio or reprogram the Playlist using MIDI/OSC Config.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Playlist MIDI select stops working with new interface.

Post by Magic »

Unfortunately there's no way to change the overall device if you've assigned individual commands to playlist entries. This is an issue we've recognized and are planning a solution for.

For now, I recommend you select all your playlist entries (by shift-clicking their tabs), and then select "Clear MIDI/OSC" from the menu. Now, you can use the overall MIDI/OSC config at the top, as you realized. Much easier/better anyway.
bigjoescientist

Re: Playlist MIDI select stops working with new interface.

Post by bigjoescientist »

Thanks for the response. For now, I've replaced the Mio and things are back to normal. Again, LOVE this product!