Previous topicNext topic

Novation Launch Control & Mac OS

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mpr128

Novation Launch Control & Mac OS

Post by mpr128 »

Hi,
I'm using MMV Performer on my Mac Pro. It's been working well with TouchOSC on an iPad, but to gain some physical controls (twiddly knobs), I've added a used Novation Launch Control.

I've used OSC learning to program for the OSC controls, but the same method doesn't seem to detect anything from the Launch Control.

Do I need to install a driver onto my Mac in order for MMV to 'hear' from the Launch Control ?

I've used Launc Control Updater to check that firmware is up to date on the LC and it confirms it can see the LC and that firmware is up to date. This seems to confirm that it's powered on ok and can be seen by the Mac.

Any suggestions from the audience please ?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Novation Launch Control & Mac OS

Post by Magic »

Not sure, but if you search through the forums you will see that many people use the same controller without any problems.

If it helps, you wouldn’t be using the Novation for OSC, but rather MIDI. However, Magic is designed so that the difference between these is mostly irrelevant.
mpr128

Re: Novation Launch Control & Mac OS

Post by mpr128 »

Solved.

No software drivers needed, I just needed to follow these steps :

Ensure Launch Control is plugged in and be 'heard' by the Mac.
Used Protokol (https://hexler.net/products/protokol) to verify that Launch Control was all working ok.

Open Input Sources (Window menu)
Click down pointing triangle in top right corner of Input Sources window and choose Re-Scan Midi Devices
Add Source
Choose Launch Control

It all works as expected thereafter.

Now that I've proven to myself how the Launch Control works, I'll likely buy a Launch Control XL.

Thanks