Previous topicNext topic

Magic – Swarm – 1st Encounter

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sampleconstruct

Magic – Swarm – 1st Encounter

Post by Sampleconstruct »

For an upcoming concert where we want to add a visual component to the show which reacts to the live-audio played by real musicians, so today I started learning Magic. After a few hours of patching together modules and learning what each module can do, here is a first result using one of my drone-scapes as audio input and two static fractal images I created with Fractal Architect 5.

Sampleconstruct

Re: Magic – Swarm – 1st Encounter

My second experimental video made with a custom patch in Magic combining two internal generators and an external video I made with Fractal Architect 5, the incoming audio - a track from my album Orbitting - is modulating numerous Magic parameters.

Sampleconstruct

Here is another experiment with the software Magic Music Visuals, using my track Queens Throne from the album Life Bump as audio input. I made the images/videos used for the visual input with Fractal Architect/ArtMatic.

skarabee

Post by skarabee »

nice effects and cool music, really like it. How will you manage to use Magic on stage?
Sampleconstruct

skarabee wrote:nice effects and cool music, really like it. How will you manage to use Magic on stage?
Thanks.
I'll install Magic on a second laptop, hook up a dedicated audio interface to it which receives a mono send from the main mixing desk (mixing all the audio signals played live on stage by us three musicians), then Magic can use this audio to modulate the various modules and I will switch between scenes every now and then.
Sampleconstruct

A track from my album Minimal Nightmare, visualized with a custom patch in Magic.

Sampleconstruct

A track from my album Minimal Nightmare visualized with Magic Music Visuals using a video I produced with ArtMatic 7.5.2 as video input.

Sampleconstruct

Just a little experiment visualizing an abstract electronic audio texture (made with Cosmosƒ) with a custom Magic Music Visuals patch.

Sampleconstruct

Video and audio footage which I collected at the sea side in France, processed in various ways, visualized with Magic Audio Visuals.
[media]https://youtu.be/WOTdw5tohCQ[/media]
Sampleconstruct

Audiovisual experiment using a synth demo track of mine triggering all sorts of video parameters utilizing images and videos I created in various applications (ArtMatic/Fractal Architect).

Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

Sampleconstruct wrote:A track from my album Minimal Nightmare, visualized with a custom patch in Magic.

I like this one the most from the visualized music. I don't know, I found the other ones a little messy and haphazardly put together.