Previous topicNext topic

Scene Inputs/Outputs indipendents and search

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Franco08

Scene Inputs/Outputs indipendents and search

Post by Franco08 »

Hi guys, I would like to make two requests, the first is that I would like to have independent SceneInputs and SceneOutputs in MMV that create both a scene module with many independent inputs and outputs that can be used in other scenes and a bridge connection from some modules in a scene to others in another without creating new scenes.

The SceneInput module almost hints at what I mean but if there are three SceneInputs in a scene when I go to connect something, everything is mixed. My idea is that when you insert a SceneInput1, SceneOutput1 appears automatically in the drop-down menu ... if you can also assign it a reference name it's better, so you know immediately what input / output is involved.
If this could be created, there would be practically unlimited routing.

It's harder to explain it than to do it :)

the second request is that I would also like to look for the modules in the scenes based on the annotations.

Forgive me for any grammatical errors :)
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Scene Inputs/Outputs indipendents and search

Post by Magic »

Hi guys, I would like to make two requests, the first is that I would like to have independent SceneInputs and SceneOutputs in MMV that create both a scene module with many independent inputs and outputs that can be used in other scenes and a bridge connection from some modules in a scene to others in another without creating new scenes.
Sort of a similar concept to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1795 ?
the second request is that I would also like to look for the modules in the scenes based on the annotations.
Yes that's a good idea. I already had a request for searching based on the module name; perhaps these can be combined somehow.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Una specie di concetto simile a viewtopic.php? F = 4 & t = 1795 ?
I think it's different ... I would like a scene to become like a module ... a grouping of different effects or other that can be connected independently in other scenes making both a bridge link between the scene of the effects to the scene of the objects without creating many scenes, and if you wish, to open the scene "effects" in the scene of the objects having not just one combined input but as many inputs / outputs as we need, which can be connected separately both in input and output.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding what you want to achieve. Here's a simple diagram to talk around.
scene_modules.jpg
scene_modules.jpg (44.79 KiB) Viewed 7285 times
1. is a simple case of the child scene containing a sequence of modules with a single output.
2. is a child scene with multiple Scene Inputs and a single output where no module interacts until the child scene output.
3. shows a child scene with multiple Inputs in which the modules have complex interaction and a single output.
4. shows a child scene with multiple independent Inputs and multiple independent outputs.
5. illustrates a complex child scene with multiple inputs, complex interaction and multiple outputs.

I've marked all with a tick since they can all currently be achieved in MMV except 5. Child scene 4 is possible just by splitting it into two separate children.

With child scene 5 the the complex interaction within the scene does not allow the scene to be split up.

If your suggestion is not represented here, can you provide a similar 6th diagram? If 5 (or your 6) represents what you want to achieve can you provide a (concrete) example situation where this would be useful/essential? This would help us understand what you want.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I think he's saying that he wants to have a scene module (let's call it Scene A) that he can use in multiple other scenes (i.e., B, C, D, E, F, G), but only use (let's say) the first half of Scene A in certain scenes (B, C , D), and (let's say) the second half of Scene A in other scenes (E, F, G). In other words, to not use the "whole" of Scene A's scene module every time, but rather to be able to specify which part to use (i.e., which SceneInput), and more importantly, not have it waste rendering on the other parts.

By doing it this way, he can have more stuff in Scene A, as opposed to having to create (for example) Scene A-1 and Scene A-2. He'd choose which SceneInput (1 or 2) in Scene A via a "drop-down menu" in the Scene module, as he said.

The reason I understand it this way is that his main complaint seems to be:
without creating new scenes
He doesn't want to create a new scene for each little effect he wants to create.

So overall, it's just a way to consolidate scenes.

Is that right?

If so, I'm not sure it's worth all the effort just to have less scenes, but I will think about it.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Yes Eric, you got very close to what I have in mind :) ... missing "bridge output", which is basically a connection between scenes without going through another scene ... anyway I created some modified screenshots with MMV (MMV is amazing :) ) where I explain what I would like very simply and with few modules but this is more useful when there are 20/30 objects.

to create this concatenation now need 4 scenes
Whatidlike.png
Whatidlike.png (215.56 KiB) Viewed 7268 times
it's like creating a container of effects else but it's not over here because now I explain the reason that prompted me to make the request, because I found myself with a really articulated project in which I was losing myself :) and moreover I had to duplicate some objects in order to create effects and masks creating new scenes that with this idea of ​​mine I would not have created ... it would have been enough to add two SceneOutputs that would have carried the need in the desired scene ... as seen in the image

OutputBridge.png
OutputBridge.png (240.33 KiB) Viewed 7268 times
forgive me for any grammatical errors.

OT: I don't know what happened to the topic in which I asked to create a list of the assigned midi settings and those not assigned ... if it has not been removed, I rewrite it.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok thanks for the explanation. I'm still pretty sure that adding more outputs isn't a direction I want to go, but as I said, I will think about it.

Have you used the Folder Panel? I think it will help you organize your scenes better. https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... FolderView
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

You're the boss Eric :) , if you don't want to create new Outputs you might consider linking scenes without affecting or adding outputs to the standard one ...
if you implement it in future versions I'll be happy because I really like MMV.

;)