Previous topicNext topic

A Few Annoyances

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dani72

A Few Annoyances

Post by dani72 »

I love Magic and use it all the time but I have a few annoyances.

When using start times I set each scene to appear when I want it to (usually to coincide with changes in the music). I assume that when I set the last scene to appear at (for example) 62 minutes then it will play through to the end of the video but instead the scene lasts 30 seconds before returning to the first one. This makes no sense. If I'm using the start times it means I don't want the scenes to loop or appear for 30 seconds only. My solution is to add one more entry in the playlist and use the final scene again starting about 10 seconds from the end of the video. I shouldn't really have to do this though.

If I delete a scene by mistake by clicking the x button on it there is no way to undo it. That's incredibly frustrating as I occasionally click x by mistake when switching to the next scene, especially when the title of it (and therefore the tab) is short.

If those few items could be fixed it would be great.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: A Few Annoyances

Post by Magic »

When using start times I set each scene to appear when I want it to (usually to coincide with changes in the music). I assume that when I set the last scene to appear at (for example) 62 minutes then it will play through to the end of the video but instead the scene lasts 30 seconds before returning to the first one. This makes no sense. If I'm using the start times it means I don't want the scenes to loop or appear for 30 seconds only. My solution is to add one more entry in the playlist and use the final scene again starting about 10 seconds from the end of the video. I shouldn't really have to do this though.
Yes, I guess that's an issue with the last playlist entry. To change its duration, you can disable the Show Start Times option. But I agree, the workflow could be improved.
If I delete a scene by mistake by clicking the x button on it there is no way to undo it. That's incredibly frustrating as I occasionally click x by mistake when switching to the next scene, especially when the title of it (and therefore the tab) is short.
It's "incredibly frustrating" for me when users don't take a few seconds to search the User's Guide or the forums before posting ;). viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1341&p=6223#p6223
dani72

Post by dani72 »

Eric wrote:It's "incredibly frustrating" for me when users don't take a few seconds to search the User's Guide or the forums before posting . viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1341&p=6223#p6223
Fair enough but as one of the people in that post suggested it would be useful if the undo function could unhide scenes.

In case your interested the video with the specific timings is now up at https://youtu.be/KGhHacWj_uo
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Fair enough ;)