Previous topicNext topic

Bluetooth Speaker not Appearing in Dropdown Menu

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
lovethatsoup

Bluetooth Speaker not Appearing in Dropdown Menu

Post by lovethatsoup »

Hi!

I am using the Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker, the headphone mic appears in the list of soundcards but not the speaker, usually I choose the stereo mixer as I use audio from 3rd party programs to drive my visuals.

Now as I am using the Bluetooth speaker that's not an option, and both ASIO options either don´t work or crash magic.

Magic 2.01 Windows 10 Home 1803 Alienware

Thx in advance as always :!:
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth Speaker not Appearing in Dropdown Menu

Post by Magic »

Sorry, I'm not sure what your question is? The dropdown menu is for input, not output...
lovethatsoup

Post by lovethatsoup »

Eric wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure what your question is? The dropdown menu is for input, not output...
Sorry! Badly phrased!

When I try to use my Bluetooth speaker with magic, there is no input nor output sound!

It works fine with Pure Data in a similar audiovisual setup..
lovethatsoup

Post by lovethatsoup »

lovethatsoup wrote:
Eric wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure what your question is? The dropdown menu is for input, not output...
Sorry! Badly phrased!

When I try to use my Bluetooth speaker with magic, there is no input nor output sound!

It works fine with Pure Data in a similar audiovisual setup..
To be clear, when I use an audio file as input....the input works, however, the sound comes out of the laptop speakers. In all other apps, the sound comes out of the bluetooth speakers.

When I try to use a 3rd party application as a sound source via the stereo mixer input (which works perfectly when i use headphones or the onboard speakers), there is neither input nor output sound.

As i said, I use this method in Pure Data with no problem.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

For sound output, Magic uses whatever device you selected for your Windows settings. If you are hearing Windows system sounds in your Bluetooth speaker, then you should hear sound from Magic in your Bluetooth speaker.
When I try to use a 3rd party application as a sound source via the stereo mixer input (which works perfectly when i use headphones or the onboard speakers), there is neither input nor output sound.
The Stereo Mix input only works with your built-in sound device. It won't work with your Bluetooth speaker. Any type of "Mix" input is specific to the device.

Does that help?
lovethatsoup

Post by lovethatsoup »

Eric wrote:For sound output, Magic uses whatever device you selected for your Windows settings. If you are hearing Windows system sounds in your Bluetooth speaker, then you should hear sound from Magic in your Bluetooth speaker.
The Stereo Mix input only works with your built-in sound device. It won't work with your Bluetooth speaker. Any type of "Mix" input is specific to the device.

Does that help?
Thank you! One problem solved....I keep system volume turned down to avoid annoying windows sounds

Now there is output sound...

But still no input sound from 3rd party apps!

It turns out the stereo mixer doesn't "hear" anything when using bluetooth.........any ideas?
lovethatsoup

Post by lovethatsoup »

lovethatsoup wrote:
Eric wrote:For sound output, Magic uses whatever device you selected for your Windows settings. If you are hearing Windows system sounds in your Bluetooth speaker, then you should hear sound from Magic in your Bluetooth speaker.

Does that help?
Thank you! One problem solved....I keep system volume turned down to avoid annoying windows sounds

Now there is output sound...

But still no input sound from 3rd party apps!

It turns out the stereo mixer doesn't "hear" anything when using bluetooth.........any ideas?
In retrospect I am not sure if this is the problem...There is no evidence the stereo mixer is listening to anything under other circumstances, and as I said....I have no problem with either listening or using audio as input with Pure Data when I use the Bluetooth speaker. So I am stumped :|
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

There is no evidence the stereo mixer is listening to anything under other circumstances
Right, as I mentioned, the "Stereo Mix" device only works with your internal sound card. It won't work with your Bluetooth speaker. This is true for any application, not just Magic.

If you are looking to send audio from another application into Magic, have a look at this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10