Previous topicNext topic

Koro, visuals from a Digital art installation

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
damstraversaz

Koro, visuals from a Digital art installation

Post by damstraversaz »

Hi,
Here is a live capture from a Digital Art installation I'm currently working on.
First sorry for my bas english. as it need some explanations...

Koro (heart in the Esperanto language) is an interactive installation. Thanks to a stethoscope, the heartbeats generate music and visual in real time.
The user hears his heart. From these pulsations comes music, in rhythmic harmony with the body. 4095 sound combinations are possible: every heart has its own music. 4 other people can listen to the music at the same time with headphones.
The filament of a light bulb comes on at each beat, delicately illuminating the space around.
KORO reacts to human interaction : At skin-to-skin contact with the "source" person, the painting is transformed by the mixing of colors, the sound evolves with new instruments.

Visuals are created with Magic.
listening to the headphones strongly advised , as the music is in ambisonic format ( and the real sound of heart is really in low frequencies...)

As the vimeo convertion is really low definition, here is a picture in native resolution
Koro 1.jpg
Koro 1.jpg (1013.94 KiB) Viewed 31698 times
Eric, thank you for giving us the opportunity to create all of this with your work !
best,
damien
Terry Payman

Re: Koro, visuals from a Digital art installation

Post by Terry Payman »

Beautiful work!
Very effective movements to the heartbeat.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Thanks Terry ! There is so much possibilities with starfield and Magic's modifiers, I'm really like to work with it.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Very beautiful!
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

thanks Eric ! There is still some works, I will explore a litle more with the spread function for each starfield. I'm sure to find more finesse and delicacy with this option.
The visuel is projected on a 500x280 cm screen with a short throw projector, so the screen is just at 250 cm of the user : this is pretty immersive .
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I also love the look of this - and thanks for giving some insight into how you achieved it.

May I ask, which ST projector are you using?
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

For all this small digital art installation, I'm using an Acer H6517ST . I hate their computers ;) but the projectors are great for this price. This is the cheaper with a Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution I know and I really need this.
here is a review of this one ( and I'm totally agree with it). https://www.projectorcentral.com/acer-h ... review.htm.
Most of time, I'm using the Movie mode and Eco mode (1416 " real" lumens) as colors are really good. Most of my work is in a black space, and this projecteur can be very quiet in Eco mode, which is really a great quality for me, you don't loose a lot of lumens and really have silent.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Hi,
here is some pictures on stage with the short throw acer projector. The distance is here 1.70 meters from the screen.
koro stage 1
koro stage 1
Koro scene 1.JPG (835.39 KiB) Viewed 31570 times
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Kora stage 2
Kora stage 2
Koro scene 2.jpg (716.63 KiB) Viewed 31570 times
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

kora stage 3
kora stage 3
Koro scene 3.JPG (741.09 KiB) Viewed 31570 times
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

kora stage 4
kora stage 4
Koro scene 4.JPG (808.52 KiB) Viewed 31570 times
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks for posting the photos. The installation, the projection and the visuals themselves look great and certainly worthy of the space. Looks peaceful. Nice to see such a vibrant and even image coming from the Acer ST.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, really great photos! I'll post one of these on the new photos page: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/photos
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

thanks !
The acer is really great for digital art installation, you can get an immersive visual even in a small place.
I was using it with the movie and eco mode during the photos, as there is no light around.

Thanks Eric , I resize all the photos for less than 1mo ( attachment limit size) if you want the full resolution, I can send you the originals.

Magic is really amazing, I'm using it more and more like a instrument ( at least I have this feeling). In my opinion, it is a very rare quality.
I do not find that in other software, whose approach seems to me always far from this instrument side. You can create a project in a global way, without dissociating sounds and visuals during the process of creation. One influences the other, it's really a great and unique artistic tool !
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Wonderful project!
I agree with you about the "intrument feeling" when using Magic. It helps us painting sound!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks guys, that's very nice :D
knoxbronson

Post by knoxbronson »

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful video. I am brand-new to Magic Music Visuals (2 hours since I downloaded it!). Exploring the site, tutorials, and user created videos. This one really spoke to me. I am excited to learn more and feeling a little overwhelmed. But I see the app is very robust & the community is strong and supportive. Thanks again for this video - excellent work.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Thanks! I'm sure you will have great moments with magic.
gdirtu

Post by gdirtu »

Hi damstraversaz,

I'm absolutely amazed by your project. Please, do you mind if we exchange emails to discuss more details? I want to do something similar for the students in my school, but I need your advice.
Thank you.

Regards
GD
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Hi,
yes we can , just do not be scared if I take time to answer I have a lot of work actually.
you can contact me from this form :
https://www.damientraversaz.com/contact

Koro is still evolving , the video projection is now on the floor. I'm very happy with this ,the creation is very immersive and the audience is just at the edge of the projection
here is some others pictures with the visuals on the floor during my tests, the point of view is from the user ( you need to open in on another tab for see them)

:
Koro floor test (2).jpg
Koro floor test (2).jpg (908.33 KiB) Viewed 30680 times
:
Koro floor test (1).jpg
Koro floor test (1).jpg (812.1 KiB) Viewed 30680 times
Koro floor test (3).jpg
Koro floor test (3).jpg (871.14 KiB) Viewed 30680 times