Previous topicNext topic

Project maintenance: backup and repair

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Terry Payman

Project maintenance: backup and repair

Post by Terry Payman »

Perhaps tangentially related to Drag & Drop, http://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vie ... ?f=4&t=198.

1) "Save Project & Files" option
1.1) All required assets backed up along with the .magic project.
1.2) Create a new folder/directory, with the Magic project at the top level and with all assets in subdirectories, eg Audio, Image, Video, GLSLshader, 3rd-party FFGL modules
1.3) Easy to zip up the entire project structure for backup (& submission to Magic HQ if requested).

2) More detailed diagnostics when assets are missing
2.1) Log file listing all missing assets, rather than just the warning message panel "The following file(s) could not be loaded:" & (missing) after audio files.
2.2) Show the full path(s), rather than the present abbreviated path(s).
2.3) Ideally have additional section in log file, missing assets by Scene-Module. This would facilitate patching if assets cannot be found "manually".
blackdot

Re: Project maintenance: backup and repair

Post by blackdot »

+1 for both.

In addition to just show which file is missing, have the possibility to enter the new path to that file.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I don't create content on the same machine I perform on so this would be an amazing feature for me.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, thanks guys, good ideas. In particular I've been meaning to implement something like a "project bundle" as Terry suggested. I don't think it would be too complicated so I'll see if I can get it into one of the upcoming releases.