Previous topicNext topic

Drum Trigger Help

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
skocelot

Drum Trigger Help

Post by skocelot »

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone will have some experience with this and be able to assist me. I'm using a Tascam 4x4 midi controller to control 4 channels for use in MMV. Included in my setup is a snare drum trigger DI'd to the line input in the controller. I have signal access and everything is working fine for general use, but I'm looking to set up a "triggered" event that will occur when the drum trigger is activated upon a drum strike.

This may not be the right way to go about this, but my end goal is for the each snare hit to take an image and force it to jump to a new location on the screen (using "translate"). Example: #Hit1 the image jumps from mid-screen to top left, #Hit2 from top left to bottom right, etc...

Currently, if I were to try to do this, the "trigger (integer)" modifier will just continue to move the item exponentially off screen with no reset.

Is there a way for "trigger" integer to only allow for a single trigger before resetting the value?

Thanks
SKOcelot
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Drum Trigger Help

Post by Magic »

Is there a way for "trigger" integer to only allow for a single trigger before resetting the value?
Yup, you could do something like what I described in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=986. It will let you toggle back and forth between 1 and 0.